Click any link below to read the article or essay.
Nia, A Purpose Driven Life.
November 2011, Ebony magazine
Article by Eisa Nefertari Ulen with photographs by Sheryl Nields
From Postnatal to Pre-K: Boost Your Baby's Brain Power
September 2011, Ebony magazine
Heart and Soul Magazine
Article by Denene Millner "Special Report: State of Our Girls"
Includes an article by Eisa Ulen (pgs. 61-64) "Protecting Our Girls from Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault"
- Relevant Literature, Issue 18, Spring 2007
Interview with Eisa by Laylah Amatullah Barrayn
"Ulen's writings flow with beautiful cadence and wordplay while tempered by her powerful political and feminist orientation."
They're Not Talking About Me
At the junior high school across the street from my Brooklyn apartment, girls still claim an empowered dominion over the spaces they occupy.
The Naked Truth
Appeared in The Crisis magazine, Winter 2008
Trends Among Younger Contemporary Black Writers
- Presented for the panel "The National Black Writers Conference: Creating a Historical Record in Black Letters," AWP Conference in New York (2008)
Letter to Angela Davis
- What happened to your generations promise of "Love and Revolution?"
- Photographer and Breast Cancer Warrior
Essence Magazine, September 2001
Muslims in the Mosaic
- Essence Magazine, January 2002
Get Smart US: Economics 101
- US Department of Education
Sisters Spin talk on Hip Hop
- Can the Music be Saved? Ms. Magazine, February/March 2000
Written by Tara Roberts and Eisa Ulen, with illustrations by True